The inspiration for Identity Crisis!

In early 2006 I received an email from Amy Schell, my editor at HOW Design Books for The Savvy Designer's Guide to Success, asking if I had any ideas for a future design book. She suggested I propose any concepts I might have to acquisitions editor Megan Patrick. One of those ideas was for a "before and after" identity design book. Within a couple of days the fine-tuned proposal for Identity Crisis! was in place.

The actual inspiration for the book was the Graphic Makeovers column at Creative Latitude. Alina Hagen, one of the Creative Latitude management team coordinates that particular feature on the site. I owe her a big "thank you" for graciously telling me to run with the idea for the book. If you have "before and after" design examples to share with Creative Latitude readers, they should be submitted to Alina - through the Graphic Makeovers page - for consideration.

No comments: