Identity Crisis! showcased in HOW Magazine

This afternoon I received my February 2008 issue (Yes, I do realize it is still December 2007) of HOW Magazine in the mail. I was sitting in a holiday shopping traffic jam flipping through the publication when I came upon a major promotion for my book Identity Crisis!: 50 redesigns that transformed state identities into successful brands on the book promotion page. That's the opening spread of the multi-page Space Needle case study, by Hornall Anderson Design Works, featured in the piece.

My relationship with HOW goes back a few years now. I've been a speaker at several HOW Design Conferences, and will be making the presentation "Planning, Packaging & Promoting Yourself as the Product" at the May 2008 event in Boston. I've also been a member of the HOW Design Conference Advisory Council for a while. In the past I have also written articles for HOW, been featured in several others, and I serve on the HOW Magazine Editorial Advisory Board. HOW Books is also the publisher of my books The Savvy Designer's Guide to Success and Identity Crisis!

The fun staff at HOW has always made me feel like part of the family - so, maybe promoting my book in such a big way is kind of nepotism. I think I'll look at is as a great holiday gift from the whole clan.

No comments: