Major corporate identity crises reviewed in book

At times major national and international corporations will have very public identity crises. Last year, along with Howard Belk of Siegel+Gale and Bill Gardner of Gardner Design (and LogoLounge), I was asked to comment on a variety of logo redesigns for a Fortune magazine article with the title "Logo-Licious or Lame." Our comments on the identities of Kodak, Intel, Sprint & AT&T were published in the magazine and online.

In addition to a great foreward by Jack Anderson of Hornall Anderson, "words of wisdom" from leaders in the design industry, and identity redesigns from contributers around the world, my book Identity Crisis!: 50 redesigns that transformed stale identities into successful brands includes my expanded comments on the new logos of those major corporations. My reviews of the Quark, UPS, Unilever, USA Network and Visa revamps are also featured.

Yes, each time I see the latest USA Network logo I still see images of male genitalia...

Image: Article from February 2006 Fortune magazine.

No comments: